Interventional Radiology Nurses are nurses that assist in minimally invasive procedures done using various types radiological imagining including CT scan, MRI, Ultrasound and XRAY. Procedures range from sterile central line placement to tissue removal for biopsies. The radiology nurse is involved in the intake of the patient, explaining the procedure, pre and post care instructions, emotional support as well as being involved in monitoring of the patient and assisting the doctor during a procedure. They are responsible for complete and accurate charting of the procedure and its outcome, placing IV lines and administering medications as ordered by a physician. They are knowledgeable in equipment, procedures and routine medications as well as their potential effect on the patient. Must be BCLS and ACLS certified and able to utilize critical thinking in emergencies, such as adverse reactions to medications or contrast dye. At least one year recent experience as an Interventional Radiology nurse required as well.Duties and Responsibilities:Physical Demands:
The physical effort routinely required to accomplish work activities includes lifting and transferring clients (ability to lift at least 50 pounds), prolonged standing and walking, frequent bending and reaching, ability to move heavy objects, visual acuity, keeping track of acuity, manual dexterity, the ability to write legibly and the ability to perform and maintain CPR.Accountability:
Must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times. Individual client job descriptions with unit's specific requirements and instructions are generally available at each facility. Nurses are expected to review these upon assignmentRequired Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A minimum of one-year current experience (within a year) as an R.N. in the specialty they are applying for.
- Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of assignment without disciplinary action.
- Must maintain a current American Heart Association BLS(ACLS, NRP, PALS if applicable)
- Must pass all prerequisite screening requirements (testing, medical and criminal, etc).
- Interpersonal and communication skills/ team player.
- Maintain professional level of conduct as per hospital policy and Nurses24/7 code of conduct.
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify)
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, ccu, domiciliary, hospice, nurse, nurse clinical, psychatric, recovery, staff nurse, surgery